Holy cow, we’re millionaires!
Wow. This is amazing. It’s only been a year since we founded 6Wunderkinder and guess what? We’ve hit our first one million users within 275 days. The icing on the cake? We’ve hit this number sooner than companies like Evernote, Twitter and Foursquare did. We couldn’t be happier. We knew at the very beginning that Wunderkit – a revolutionary, truly original take on productivity – would take at least a year of development, but we wanted to get something out right away.
Wunderlist was born, and launched in November. We wanted to really understand the world of productivity, and it was our way of finding out what you guys really needed in productivity software. We focused on everything: features, usability, user interface design, multi platform support, cloud synchronization… the list goes on. We wanted to get it right from the get-go, and we’re so ecstatic that you’ve all gave us the thumbs up. We’re sending those thumbs right back!
Some cool data
It’s taken us 9 months and 2 days to reach this fantastic number. That’s 275 days, or 23,760,000 seconds if you want to be incredibly exact (yes, we’ve had a stopwatch running since day one). Along the way we’ve gathered some other great data, too.
- 2.6 million overall downloads
- 30 million tasks created
- 350 million syncs
- 3.7 million lists
- 3,600 new registrations per day
- 650,000 push notifications
- 270,000 tasks created on one day, June 20th
- 5 biggest countries: USA, Germany, UK, China and Canada
A product isn’t a success without a great community, and we’re always pointing out how important that is. If we could give you all a great big kiss on the cheek, we would.
We’ve grown super fast
There’s plenty of companies that have – and will – hit the magic million, but I think our story is a little extra special. As I’ve mentioned, we’ve hit this number sooner than some other companies did. They’re big names too.
- Twitter took 852 days to hit 1 million users.
- Evernote took 446 days to hit 1 million users.
- Foursquare took 396 days to hit 1 million users.
- We took 275 days to hit 1 million users. Woah.
So how did we manage to hit this number so soon? It’s simple – Wunderlist was built with you in mind. We tried to create something you couldn’t really ignore. What makes Wunderlist so great? To mention a few things…
- Wunderlist is completely free for every device
- It’s multiplatform
- Your tasks are synced to the cloud with your Wunderlist account
- You can share your lists with friends and colleagues and collaborate on tasks
- Add notes to your tasks
- Personalize your Wunderlist with our included wallpapers
We’re not seeing any slow down in new registrations either, so the forecast looks just as good. The more people using our software, the better. Now that we’re in many more countries, our community is becoming incredibly diverse, which is great for fresh feedback. A recent survey we posted showed us that Wunderlist is being promoted very organically – the majority of people were recommended Wunderlist by a friend or family member. So, if you haven’t already, please spread the word. If you’re near a mountain, head to the top and shout about us. Let’s grow even bigger, together.
So, what’s next?
At 6Wunderkinder HQ we’ve always had a vision. We want to make organizing your life’s tasks easier, in the most pleasant way possible. Although we have goals and milestones we want to reach along the way, our vision is never ending. Wunderlist will never become a closed book, and we want to continue working hard on it right into the future. So what’s in the pipe line?
- More features. You want them, we’ve got them. They’re top secret though, so stay tuned!
- We’ve fixed the Mac shutdown bug. Woop.
- Wunderlist for Linux is coming soon. Mind blown, we know.
- We’re improving the notes function in the Wunderlist desktop app. It’s coming soon, and it’s sexy.
- Our iPad app will be flying onto App Store update shelves soon, with several fixes.
- Wunderlist for iPhone will soon be updated, and it’s never felt slicker. Animation optimizations take priority!
Wunderlist isn’t the only thing we’ve been cooking up in the kitchen. Wunderkit will be in your hands very soon, and we’re literally bursting at the seams with excitement. We have kept our lips pretty well closed this year, for the usual reasons, but we’ll begin unravelling the secret soon. We truly believe that Wunderkit is something never-before-seen and, to quote Mr. Jobs on this one, “A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them”. We’re sure you haven’t seen anything like this before, and we know you’re going to love it. From all of us here at 6Wunderkinder HQ, a million thanks. Here’s to the future!