Aaaaaannnnddd we're back!
With a new desktop version
We always listen to your requests and try our best to deliver the goods in a timely fashion. As a result, we have been busy giving Wunderlist a gigantic facelift. We are delighted to introduce the new and improved Desktop app version 1.2.0.
Wunderlist’s popularity is gaining momentum and today we have reached a solid 600,000 users! (applause). It’s important that all of our users are happy with our product and continue to provide us with feedback. So a big thank you from all of us!
“We fixed a lot of inconsistencies between our mobile and desktop versions. The new Wunderlist desktop app 1.2.0 adds a lot of extra convenience for the user, it’s faster and we squashed a lot of bugs thanks to the amazing feedback from our loyal customer base”
- Sebastian Kreutzberger (CTO)
So what did we update first?
We first updated the Desktop’s interface to resemble our web app, introducing a new login screen and a new icon. The new update also allows our users to specify whether they would like the sidebar to reside on the left or right of the window.
We love checking off tasks on our Wunderlist
Wunderlist now allows you to drag any file type (picture, movie, document) into the ‘notes’ section of any task. Only the file path will be available, not the actual file. However, clicking on the file path will open the file in its relative application. URL links are also clickable and will open in your default web browser.
Not done yet…other loose ends we tied up
- Wunderlist now supports the standard shortcut on Mac (CMD + W) for closing the Wunderlist window without quitting the application.
- Tasks are now separated into their relevant lists when using any filter.
- We now offer a real-time search of tasks and notes
- Added additional background images, giving you more options to personalize your Wunderlist experience.
- Improved the calendar functionality so you can add due dates more efficiently
- A lot of minor bug fixes and general improvements.
Next Wednesday we will announce when the new version is ready to download from our website.